April 27, 2012

Review: Silence (The Queen of the Dead #1) by Michelle Sagara West

Summary-
“It began in the graveyard. Ever since her boyfriend Nathan died in a tragic accident Emma had been coming to the graveyard at night. During the day she went through the motions at her prep school, in class, with her friends, but that’s all it was. But tonight was different. Tonight Emma and her dog were not alone in the cemetery. There were two others there—Eric, who had just started at her school, and an ancient woman who looked as though she were made of rags. And when they saw Emma there, the old woman reached out to her with a grip as chilling as death….”

Review-
This is the first book I have read of this kind. Necromancers...who knew? I really liked this touching, heart - wrenching story. I got so emotionally wrapped up in this book. I sat reading it and cried like a baby....Lol. It has some very emotional scenes. The storyline is truly interesting. It grabbed and held my attention, which in this house, is a miracle. It was nice to read about a young person with the attitude that this main character possesses. She is kind, considerate and very selfless. She is always thinking of others before herself. The storyline is mysterious, action packed, and endearing from beginning to end. I liked this book a lot, so much that is now on my wish list. I can not wait to read some other books by this author. I even loved the cover.

Publisher-DAW          
Reviewer Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reviewed by~Mechele
~Thank you to the author for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program!~





1 comment:

  1. I so want to read this and it's good to know the heroine is a strong one. The cover is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)