May 11, 2012

Review: Masquerade (Heven and Hell #1) by Cambria Hebert

Summary-
Before. Everything was so much better Before. I wasn’t haunted by nightmares, my place at school was secure and my face was flawless. Now, I’m a freak and everything has changed. The worst part is that I can’t remember the night I was sentenced to the shadows. The memory has been stolen from me and I just can’t shake the feeling that someone, something is out there -watching.
Just when I think I have my life handled, Sam, with his intimidating golden stare and shiver inducing voice, makes me realize that I don’t know anything. He makes me see that my scars don’t matter. That they never mattered. I can’t help but fall for him, completely unknowing that he knows exactly how I got this way. Not knowing he was involved.

***
Heven has no idea how closely death stalks her. She has no idea what I have done to keep her alive. I fear the day she learns my secrets, finds out what I really am. But even then I cannot stop, I vow to make things right. Finally her hunter will be hunted, Heaven and Hell, faith and sin will battle, and we will be victorious. But first, Heven must learn to be what she never imagined. I know her strength is there – I feel it. If we are to overcome all odds, she must push past her flaws - her frailties - to become much more.

Review-
 A lot of very unusual creatures fill this story with mystery & myth. The author does a really good job of keeping the mysterious feeling of this storyline going. The main character has a hard road to travel to get herself all worked out. She does eventually get everything she deserves and more. Once she and her soul mate connect nothing can keep them apart... not even death. This is a one of a kind book. I have never read a book where this creature plays such a major role. A beautifully detailed piece of work. The author proves to be highly imaginative. I'm very hopeful for a sequel. If you are interested in a love story with a mysterious, page turning jolt then this is the book should read.

Publisher-Otherworld Publications
Reviewer Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reviewed by~Mechele
~Thank you to the author for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program!~





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)