May 19, 2012

Review: Stirring Up Trouble by Juli Alexander

Summary-
What’s worse than lusting after my best friend’s on again off again boyfriend? How about my dad dating his mother, and my mom redesigning his bedroom for her show? With fate interfering so cruelly, can you really blame me for putting my magic potions to not-so-good use?
I’m Zoe Miller, a fifteen-year-old witch with only one power-—a talent for potions. I have my life all mapped out. I plan to be a doctor and develop drugs to cure disease. We already have potions to help all kinds of symptoms, but none of them will get by the Food and Drug Administration. I mean, the government bureaucrats are not going to okay the ingestion of bat wings or unicorn horns. Luckily, fat-free margarine has already been found to be an adequate substitute for dead man’s toe. So, I really hold out hope that I can make things work. Looking for edible substitutions to use in the potions is my passion.
Stirring Up Trouble is a Young Adult Romance.

Review-
 This book is a typical teenage story, except that the main character is a witch. I believe the book is made for younger kids, Freshman and Sophomore girls in my opinion. There was one main event and didn't really have too many details involving magic. Just teenage love and dating, crushes and friends. All in all, the book was okay, but not one to add to my collection of favorites. I finished this book in one day. The abrupt ending makes it seem as if the author will continue further into teenage life, hopefully with added detail.

Publisher-Createspace         
Reviewer Rating:3 Stars
Reviewed by~Taylor Lairson
~Thank you to the author for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program!~



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)