January 7, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday


Sooooo....what book are we waiting on here at RFYF? A new book and an old book by an author that I am particularly fond of--Holly Black!!



The Darkest part of the forest
......
by Holly Black
Release Date: 13 January 2015
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Children can have a cruel, absolute sense of justice. Children can kill a monster and feel quite proud of themselves. A girl can look at her brother and believe they’re destined to be a knight and a bard who battle evil. She can believe she’s found the thing she’s been made for.

 Hazel lives with her brother, Ben, in the strange town of Fairfold where humans and fae exist side by side. The faeries’ seemingly harmless magic attracts tourists, but Hazel knows how dangerous they can be, and she knows how to stop them. Or she did, once. 

 At the center of it all, there is a glass coffin in the woods. It rests right on the ground and in it sleeps a boy with horns on his head and ears as pointed as knives. Hazel and Ben were both in love with him as children. The boy has slept there for generations, never waking. 

Until one day, he does… As the world turns upside down, Hazel tries to remember her years pretending to be a knight. But swept up in new love, shifting loyalties, and the fresh sting of betrayal, will it be enough?

(goodreads summary)




The coldest Girl In Coldtown
......
by Holly Black
Publish Date: 3 September 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown's gates, you can never leave. 

 One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself. 

 The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is a wholly original story of rage and revenge, of guilt and horror, and of love and loathing from bestselling and acclaimed author Holly Black.


(goodreads summary)


6 comments:

  1. The Darkest Part of the Forest sounds good! I had seen the cover around, but hadn't yet read the synopsis....Thanks for sharing :-)

    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started this series yet, but people love it. I would like to read it. Enjoy! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and my copy has a preview of The Darkest Part of the Forest in the back. From the little I skimmed over it was really good.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any Holly Black novels, but these both sound really good. They sound like a little bit of horror and a little bit of romance. Interesting combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just purchased the Coldest Girl in Coldtown and I can't wait to read it! This one sounds great, too!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and I loved it! One of few great vampire books out there! I'm definetely excited for The Darkest Part of the Forest!
    Great picks!
    my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)